AUSTRALIAN POULTRY FORUM™

The Biggest Poultry Forum in the world
It is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:42 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: looking for PEACOCKS
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:19 am 

Morning
I was wondering if anyone has peacocks for sale in the Brisbane area and or would know when maybe someone will be selling peacocks for sale in the brisbane area
please advise me if anyone knows of where i may be able to purchase and if someone could email me with contact details

please advise
many thnaks
Matt

Post subject: Also looking - for Pehens
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:39 am 

Hi Matt,

Seems we are in the same boat, although I am looking for 2 Peahens rather than Peacocks. I sourced mine in March this year when they were only 6 weeks old. Are you looking for peachicks?

Cheers,
Mandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:49 am 

Try this link

http://www.australianpoultryforum.com/v ... php?t=4046

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:58 am 

Hi, Have we heard if Mattmck was able to source any peacocks in the Brisbane area?

Tad sad if not hey?[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:35 am 
TWO FACED
TWO FACED

Hey Guys , I'd try Marg for sure , Her Number is 41 646169 , she is only a couple of hours from Brissy , but her knowledge alone , makes it worth the visit , She has plenty of Peafowl to choose from .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:11 am 

Thanks Bunyanuternie... made us so very happy! Marg has to be one of the nicest ladies around I expect, goes for her sister too! (Lyn is it?)

Rang Marg as suggested, had great difficulty in mapping out her residence as the street name didn't come up anywhere in maps or on the internet! We were stressing a bit but then fortunately Marg mentioned that she had a stall at the Nanango Markets on Saturday! Brilliant, left Buccan at 7.00am (it was a 2 and a half hour drive from Buccan) not a lot of traffic.. hot as in Nanango hey 34 plus! Marg and her sister had heaps of peas... all different ages on display, she had housed our 4 girls separately for us ... she shared an amazing amount of knowledge about peas with us, just so wonderful! Love her to bits! Marg told us that one of our new mature peahens had actually laid an egg which she found Saturday morning... she kept that egg given that she didn't think we would have an incubator (which we don't but am presently sourcing).

Within half an hour of being placed in their pen (shared with our 11month old trio) ... I watched our other new mature lady lay an egg! Sunday afternoon I found another egg... so we already have two eggs obviously one from each of our new ladies! Any ideas for names for our new babies?

How exciting is this! She actually laid the second egg next to the first one that I had gently placed in the tyre/hay temporary A Fram structure in one corner of the pen.

Just can't thank you enough!

In HEAVEN!
Mandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:25 pm 

Yet another happy lady Ian. Glad Rachel shares you around to keep the rest of us happy. [smilie=a_goodjob.gif]

Ian is a great bloke and always so very, very helpful with peafowl or poultry. A gem on this forum that's for sure. He has helped me out on a number of occasions. :-D :-D :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:35 pm 

So grateful for all of the assistance!

Finding it difficult to focus on work today... my dream would be that there will be another egg when we arrive home but this time in the makeshift nesting place on the opposite side of the pen... curious as to what may happen if they both lay in the one nest? Would they fight over which one actually owns those eggs?

Curious and curiouser....

Any ideas?
Mandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:09 am 
TWO FACED
TWO FACED

:oops: :oops: I'm Glad I could help , Marg and Lynny , are the loveliest of ladys , She had told me was having a stall at the markets , and like I said her knowledge when it comes to fowl of all sorts is amazing , I got My first Peafowl off her around 2001 , but have known them a lot longer . I call her " The Peacock Whisperer " and if you ever visit her home you'll know why :lol: :lol: :lol: good to hear your hen is allready laying for you .

Post subject: peacocks
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:26 pm 

thats to an ad bunya listed elsewhere i contacted marg and son got 4 turkey hens and 1 gobbler and they have started laying eggs already and 1 is even sitting on the eggs and wont move