AUSTRALIAN POULTRY FORUM™

The Biggest Poultry Forum in the world
It is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: PHOTO COMP NUMBER 36 - "ITS A HENS WORLD"
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:38 am 

PHOTO COMP NUMBER 36 - Its a HENS World

This is a special comp as in June we celebrate 7 years of online photo comps a_bravo.gif

Its all about the hens

Just photos of your hens NO ROOSTERS

Prizes and more details SEE THE 6TH POST - DOWN

Thank You
Online Show Manager

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: PHOTO COMP NUMBER 36 - Its a HENS World
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:44 pm 

Looking forward to it. I know they will be fantastic prizes as the standard for APF is very high.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:36 pm 

Hello, APF Show Manager wave.gif ,

What is the age group for the hens for the competition? Would pullets qualify as Lady Frances With The Fluffy Bottom, my French Wheaten Marans with the softest of feathers is still under age? Would you need to state the girl's age?

Thank you, kindly, especially for your great support a_bravo.gif
Petite Poulet 52.gif

One Very Sad and Very Lonely and Very Heartbroken French Wheaten Marans with the softest of feathers and fluffiest of bottoms...
One Australorp with the biggest of black eyes also very heartbroken with the death of her little Silkie buddy...

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:49 pm 

I was wondering the same thing :-D

I was going to presume a hen is of laying age. meaning if they are laying eggs they are a hen...
but wont hurt to ask how old this comp is for , just in case...

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:02 am 

I think pullets are classified as under 12 months of age and hens are over 12 months of age.

One Very Sad and Very Lonely and Very Heartbroken French Wheaten Marans with the softest of feathers and fluffiest of bottoms...
One Australorp with the biggest of black eyes also very heartbroken with the death of her little Silkie buddy...

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:39 pm 

By definition a hen is 12 months or over but it is impossible to tell the exact age of a bird by picture so if it looks way too young I will eliminate the entry at my discretion.

This is open to ALL HENS in ALL poultry breeds as defined in our rules. You can enter pictures of HENS in, Chickens, Turkeys, Peafowl, Ducks ect................ I know a turkey hen is a poult but for the comp its a HEN.

Thank You
Online Show Manager

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:25 pm 

To celebrate our 7th birthday the owners have agreed to these amazing prizes
Attachment:
57239_208095_F.jpg
57239_208095_F.jpg [ 31.72 KiB | Viewed 8939 times ]

http://stores.ebay.com.au/OZ-AUCTION

First Prize
Brand New! 60 Poultry Egg Electronic Incubator

Product:
Want to hatch your own chicklings? This simple and reliable incubator is the perfect for you!!! If you want to start incubating chickens, ducks and geese. The simple design and and easy to operate functions allow the kids and family to learn the basics of incubating the chicks. This incubator is so easy to use the only thing you need to do is just add eggs. With a clear plastic construction you will have a clear view of the eggs, you can rest assured that monitoring the eggs are easy, convenient and hassle-free with this incubator

Features:
Simple and Easy to Use
Clear Viewing Lid
60 Egg Capacity

Kids Can Operate and Monitor Progress
Thermometer Alarm To Avoid the Temperature Being Too High or Low
Hygrometer alarm To Avoid Environment Being Too Wet or Dry
Suitable For Almost All Poultry
Product comes with a 1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty

HOW GOOD IS THAT FOR A FIRST PRIZE!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Second Prize

A fantastic Chicken Wall Clock
Attachment:
clock.jpg
clock.jpg [ 60.97 KiB | Viewed 8940 times ]

Your choice of design from the 3 above (prize is for 1 clock)

PLUS

A sensations APF Coffee Mug & Bumper Sticker
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third Prize

The very popular APF Wall Calender

Plus

A sensations APF Bumper Sticker
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now HOW GOOD ARE THOSE PRIZES :shock:

Entries open 25/5/2012 and will close on the 25/6/2012

SO START CLICKING AND GET YOUR ENTRIES READY [smilie=a_cookiemonster.gif]

Remember you can enter as many entries as you like so for a quick snap of the camera YOU COULD WIN!

Thank you
Online Show Manager

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:30 pm 

Dear APF Show Manager,

My French Wheaten Marans, Lady Frances With The Fluffy Bottom is over 10 months old, would she qualify for the competition?

Thank you, kindly
Petite Poulet 52.gif

Attachments:
Do You Love Me.jpg
Do You Love Me.jpg [ 108.2 KiB | Viewed 8926 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:35 pm 

Yes if a hen is close to 12 months and looks close to 12 months old then I will accept it. I will only reject pictures of hens that look very young

Thank You
Online Show Manager

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:46 pm 

Thank you, kindly APF Show Manager,

I greatly appreciate the support that everyone on APF has given me and appreciated everyone on APF's kindness, chooks have magic, mystical healing powers and my chooks have made me feel so much better since Black Saturday. So a BIG THANK YOU to ROTARY for donating the coop and chooks. Chooks love and accept you for who you are, they do not judge you, and listen to all your problems and help you work things out and keep going and make life worth living when all others have abandoned you. They depend on you to love, care for and protect them for all harm.

My chooks have enriched my life and I can not live without them.

Petite Poulet 52.gif

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next