AUSTRALIAN POULTRY FORUM™

The Biggest Poultry Forum in the world
It is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:17 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:23 am 

calm down charles :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:24 am 

No.

Talking about someone like they're stupid for not being in the forum long enough to know about previous rules irritates me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:28 am 

lets not get in trouble by admin for arguing

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:12 pm 

greenaus wrote:
You guys!!!

FYI, Admin only updated the CORRECT link to the rules THIS MORNING.

I tried to find them yesterday, but the links were WRONG.

So, lay off!!!

APF ADMIN wrote:
Last edited by APF ADMIN on Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:57 am; edited 2 times in total

Hello Greenaus: You are correct and we apologize for using the old Topic link. The Terms & Conditions have always been available on the Forum however we used old links in the "July Photo Competition"

Once again we apologize.

Admin

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:06 pm 

With the current rules of multiple voting permitted I am uncertain I could be bothered entering another comp....suppose time will tell on that one.

Thanks CL for the offer of the cap but I shall decline as it is your award not mine,but congrats on your win.

The votes were very close UNTIL the 19 votes from 1 person and that is what I have a beef about....certainly not your pic.

If it was another entrant I would feel exactly the same.

Apart from all else the entrants names are on the pics so yes friends,partners etc etc etc can (not saying this is the case this time around) "stack" the votes accordingly.

I personally feel the comp in the way it is currently run is unfair to ALL entrants and I am sure it could be run a lot fairer.

IMO

Am sure I will cop some backlash for my statements but thats life and my shoulders are broad.

Rabbit Breeds: Dwarf Lop, Californian, Netherland Dwarf, Polish, Rex, Dutch
http://www.kizma.webs.com

Last edited by b&p on Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:28 pm 

Nothing...

Last edited by greenaus on Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:31 pm 

ummm is that all its about? To build posts to beat another forum?
So lets say I get a friend or even log in as another name and say vote for a photo say 100 plus times? kind of defeats the purpose of it all really, if things like this happen what are other members going to think & what would become of the forum.
How many people would be upset?
Also it would make people feel as to not bother participating in comps any more.
I think this should be looked at a little more carefully.
And also remember why we are here instead of posting stupid things about nothing, remember this is a POULTRY forum.....
Sorry but enough is enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:07 pm 

b&p wrote:
With the current rules of multiple voting permitted I am uncertain I could be bothered entering another comp....suppose time will tell on that one.

Thanks CL for the offer of the cap but I shall decline as it is your award not mine,but congrats on your win.

The votes were very close UNTIL the 19 votes from 1 person and that is what I have a beef about....certainly not your pic.

If it was another entrant I would feel exactly the same.

Apart from all else the entrants names are on the pics so yes friends,partners etc etc etc can (not saying this is the case this time around) "stack" the votes accordingly.

I personally feel the comp in the way it is currently run is unfair to ALL entrants and I am sure it could be run a lot fairer.

IMO

Am sure I will cop some backlash for my statements but thats life and my shoulders are broad.

We have run photo competitions since 2005 (to our knowledge the longest of any Poultry forum in Australia & offered prizes for every comp) with little change to the rules & with little issues, we see NO reason to change them. If someone is desperate to win our comp then there will always be a way around rules ("where there’s a will there's a way")

We believe ALL our Members will enter & vote in the spirit of fair competition.

Admin

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:32 pm 

danny boy wrote:
ummm is that all its about? To build posts to beat another forum?

We have no idea what you are referring to? So please clarify your comments. We have 0 interest in other Forums repeat 0 interest (other than those we support) or building post numbers to beat any other Forum/s. We suggest you look closely at "other' Forum/s as we do not link Notice board posts or Photo Gallery posts to the Forum as they are not posts in the Forum. All votes are posted on the Forum for everyone to see which makes our Photo Competitions "Transparent" we do not hide the votes.

Admin

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:42 pm 

danny boy wrote:
So lets say I get a friend or even log in as another name and say vote for a photo say 100 plus times?

"Lets say" If you are detected by our automated security T.A.S.S (TM) with more than one account ALL accounts may be deleted automatically by T.A.S.S (TM) so that would "defeat the purpose"

Admin

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next