AUSTRALIAN POULTRY FORUM™

The Biggest Poultry Forum in the world
It is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:19 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:18 pm 
­
­

Thanks Java & Snowball, we would like some feedback as to why you think we had a poor responce to the May/June Photo Competition?? We would also like your feedback on future Photo Comp's, ie.. do you want them? would you support them?

Thanks
Peacocks Australia :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:00 pm 

Hi PA and all,

Sorry I've been so long in getting back :oops: ,been away in the cold state for a while. I'm at a loss to say why there was not a good roll up in the last photo comp :( :( :( . I feel that people's lives are getting more hectic and time being a major factor with regards to sending photo's in.

However the way I look at it is --- if you have time to feed your birds (which we all do ) then you may have time to take a few photo's, and if you have time to read this forum you may have the time to send them into the comp. So lets go people---let PA know that we will support the comp. COUNT ME IN.

Regards,
Snowball. :-D :-D :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:38 pm 
­
­

Thanks Snowball, we hope to hear from a few more Members?

The inception of the photo comp was solely for the benefit of every Member of this forum, to share your passion with others who feel the same way as you about their birds. The greatest to benefit are those new to this obsession we call "Aviculture" as many photos show more than just the birds,but there is no doubt that the most experienced can also benefit.

The Forum Photo Gallery is a Photo library displaying a great variety of excellent photos for your reference, a way to see birds that you may not have seen before, a way to view a particular Variety you maybe considering keeping but have not seen, and so on.....

We will leave the decision on future "Forum Photo Competitions" to YOU, the members of this "FORUM" if you tell us you want them, then it will happen, so it's up to YOU?

Thanks

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:06 pm 
­
­

Hi all, We are currently reviewing the option to recommence the "Forum Photo Competition. We may change the Format of the comp but the Prize offered will be the same as previous comps such as, 12 months subscription to a poultry magazine, a book ect... we will keep you informed. If you have any suggestions please let us know.

Thanks

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: votes
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:22 pm 
IN-ACTIVE
IN-ACTIVE

Hi everybody. I must be a dummy because I hadn't ever noticed there were photo comps. How amazing that you offer prizes!!! Very generous and thoughtful. Hating to be a wet blanket but I would always think one person, one vote. Like I would get no pleasure out of winning if I had voted for myself 5 times!!! I certainly wouldn't have the time or energy to keep posting votes and would feel oncomfortable doing so. Hope this isn't too mean. Yours Pam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:05 pm 
­
­

Hi Pam, Thanks for your feedback, it is certainly worth considering. What do other Members think?? We are running the Competition in line with most other comps which have no limit on the amount of times you can enter/vote, ie.. Phone sms comps which you can text as many time as you like but only one vote per text. One option would be to not allow a Person to vote on He/She's own Photo? Some Forums that run Photo comps have one person as the Judge (the administrator or a person they choose) but we feel that the Members should decide the Winning Photo.

Thanks again for your imput.

P.s Thank you for the new Photos for the Forum Gallery, they look great. Should be up Today.

Thanks

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Voting on photos
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:13 pm 

Hi all, I agree with the suggestion that one vote per person per photo would be a fairer way and also not voting for your own photos is a better way for members to fairly choose the best photo for the month.
cheers
Janb

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Voting
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:43 pm 
IN-ACTIVE
IN-ACTIVE

I think the quantity thing with phoning is that the Telstra companies get a cut etc. Those Pop Idol things where one person votes 1000's of times, well how stupid. It doesn't mean they were the best, just that their Dad or whomever had the time, energy and money to SMS or phone. Same with the Millionaire thing. Just my thoughts. Cheers, Pam

Post subject: Re: Voting on photos
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:50 pm 
­
­

Yep I'm sure the Phone carriers don't complain Pam, we used the sms as an example of the Voting Principal, the right to vote 1 or 100 times. We would be more than happy to try the system of one vote per Member (one person, one vote) if this is the general consensus?

Janb wrote:
Hi all, I agree with the suggestion that one vote per person per photo would be a fairer way
cheers
Janb

Thanks Janb for the feedback, did you mean one vote per member? or that a Member can only vote on a Photo Once but can vote for as many Photos as they like?

Thanks

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Voting on photos
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:47 pm 

I was thinking one vote per member on however many photos the member thinks worthy of their vote. I would hope this would not lead to a tie every month.
Janb

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next