All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: HOW TO PUT PHOTOS IN THE FORUM PHOTO GALLERY
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:06 pm 

PHOTO GALLERY, INSTRUCTIONS BELOW:

How to Register: Simply click "register" and fill in your details
YOU MUST USE YOUR FORUM USERNAME, Any other name will NOT be approved
Your account will have to be approved by Admin before you can up-load

How to Log-in to the Gallery
1) Click the 'log-in' at the top of the Gallery.
2) Enter User name & Password (remember it is case sensitive)

How to Up-Load to your Album:
click the link the "upload" button and follow the instructions (upload to YOUR album unless you want to use any below)

Optional Albums you can use:
POULTRY BREEDS
POULTRY GATHERINGS
MEMBERS PENS & CAGES
PHOTO COMPETITION
ONLINE SHOW

View Members Photo's
1)Click 'Members Galleries'

[b]What can a Gallery Member Do:

1) You can up-load as many Photos as you like, when you like.
3) You can rate others Photos.
4) You can post a comment about any Photos in the Gallery + More

What Can't a Member do:
1) Delete or Edit Photos
3) Due to sequence numbers, Photos in the Gallery, cannot be Deleted under any circumstances.

Look forward to seeing your Photos
Admin

Australian Poultry Forum
Backyard Poultry
Australian Poultry

Last edited by Peacocks Australia on Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:07 pm 
­
­

Remember you must be Registered in the Gallery to up-load, Comment or enter the Photo Competition, contact Admin to be Registered.

Thanks
P.A :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Problems uploading photos.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:54 am 

Well, I have tried four times now to upload photos for the 2008 Photo Comp and four times, I have failed. :oops:
I have followed the pictorial instructions, and the written instructions, but the result is the same..... :(
NUFFIN.
I can do everything down to the select 5 files and then filling file title, but then when I press continue, it all goes white and nothing else happens.
You could not have explained it any simpler but I am still having problems............... :evil:
(to quote a famous movie.....)
"Help me Obi Wan...you're my only hope..........." :-?
Buggsy

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:00 pm 

Buggsy, to clarify, is it at step 3 you are having a problem? By this I mean are you selecting your Photo's (using Browse) then when you click "Continue" the screen goes all white?

If you have "Dial-up" or low speed "Broadband" it will take some time to up-load the Photo's & while the photo's are being up-loaded the screen will appear all white. In some cases and depending on the type of internet connection it can take several minutes to complete the up-load.

Can I suggest you try up-loading one Photo at a time, and see if this resolves the Problem?

Please let me know if that doesn't work and I will run a test on the Gallery & will up-load the Photo's for you if you like.

Peter Carson
Assist Forum Admin/I.T

petercarsontechnologies@gmail.com

Technologies PHPBB = Modern Technologies for the 21st Century

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:50 pm 

I wouldn't think the internet connection is slow.
I was doing it at work and the internet here is lightning fast.
I put the 5 photo links in the spaces provided and hit continue and that is when it just goes white.
I will try one photo and see what happens.
I just hope I haven't scattered photos thru the forum.
If I have, I apologise in advance.
Rob.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:04 pm 

Well, I tried.
It allowed me to upload one photo (I think) but when I tried to do a second one the screen went blank again.
I got the file uploaded and managed to put the description of the photo in, but after hitting "continue" that's wher my problem is..
Sorry to be a pain. :evil:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:51 pm 
­
­

Hi Rob, Just noticed you have a new Photo in the Gallery, so one worked! Peter checked the Gallery and all is ok, in fact Tahir just up loaded a couple of Photos too, Peter will get to the bottom of it though, Does your work have any restrictions on up or down loads, some block files like Jpg's ect.. Just a thought!

Great Photo by the way.

Thanks
P.A :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:16 pm 

i first download it on photobucket and then copy the direct link and paste in the area were it says URL and it works every time.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:28 am 

Hi Tahir...
I think you are speaking Swahili to me.
I cannot comprehend computers at all.
I just tried to do it again and after doing the description and pressing "continue".. the box goes blank.
But it worked once and I followed the procedure to the letter.
Computers hate me and they try to make my life a misery... :cry:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:45 am 

Buggsy, I have completed a system test & our server & Gallery are fine, must be out bound from the Computer you’re using, have you tried clearing your history & cookies? This is the most common problem. As you have up-loaded once then it should work each time, so would recommend clearing History & Cookies.

In the mean time if you email the Photo's to me pcarson@peacocksaustralia.com I will put them in the Gallery for you, please include your Password in the Email.

Peter Carson
Assist Forum Admin/I.T

petercarsontechnologies@gmail.com

Technologies PHPBB = Modern Technologies for the 21st Century

Profile E-mail