The Largest Poultry Forum in the world - New Members Welcome
It is Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:16 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Vet fees...why so expensive
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:00 pm 

So we had to take some fresh droppings to the vets as part of the process of Quarantine requirements of importing chooks from the's a condition of regular screening for disease to allow the animals into the country and then for some time after.
$50 to put the poop on a slide and look into the microscope...for each bird...each time. Another $50 to send an email to DPI and LLS for their records.

Dog has had dramas this week...we were stuck in Brisbane. So far, to shave the mutt to look for ticks, fit pain patch to leg, bucket on its head to prevent biting and such of bucket, blood tests....$3000 !
...'we think it needs an xray....another $1000 ( took 20 minutes) ...holy snappin ducky doodoo!
Dog's still in pain, wont eat, won't move....and no diagnosis yet. Now they say it may need a chiropractor....

I'm not happy , JAN!!!!

this mutt's about to go 'to live on the farm' if this goes on for much longer.....something that does not sit right with us. What's our choice? we can't surrender it, it's a greyhound and no-one will take it. Hell, that's how we came to have it!

So back to my original question- how come this all costs so damn much? I don't see a Mercedes in the carpark...

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject: Re: Vet fees...why so expensive
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:21 pm 

Q) Vet fees...why so expensive

A) Because all they care about is $$$$$$$ so they cash in on peoples emotion especially kids

I LoVe BeArDeD oYsTerS

Profile E-mail