AUSTRALIAN POULTRY FORUM™

The Biggest Poultry Forum in the world
It is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:52 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Growth on Clyde's eye
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:19 pm 

Poor Clyde, hope his eye heals soon.

Any idea what it was and is?

One Very Sad and Very Lonely and Very Heartbroken French Wheaten Marans with the softest of feathers and fluffiest of bottoms...
One Australorp with the biggest of black eyes also very heartbroken with the death of her little Silkie buddy...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:30 pm 

Chicka-Dee wrote:
Okay so this is Clydes eye as of this morning...................

You will see one photo it looks like nothing is wrong and then when you lift his eye lid then you can see the hard thing sitting in the hole, which my girlfriend dug a heap of out the other day.

Parvo, I have Oxymav B it seems to have some sort of tetracyline in it.......Will this do?

Hens and Hobbits wrote:
A friend had a hen with one eye once, the eye was badly pecked by the others and had to be removed. She didn't stray far from the coop after the surgery, and led a reasonable life for a couple of years.

Im hoping it doesn't come down to him losing an eye HH. I would be devestated for my poor baby after all he has been through.

Cheers
Chicka-Dee

I decided to give Clydes eye a squeeze this afternoon to see how much gunk would come out of it & the white thing came out :-D , much to Clyde's discomfort :(

I'm hoping that might be the end of it.

Parvo, I've started giving him some Oxymav B, is that acceptable to help with the infection?

Keep your fingers crossed for me xx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:36 pm 

Poor baby...he must be so trusting.....good luck x

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:57 am 

Chicka-Dee wrote:

No such luck....went down to the pen this morning and the white stuff is back.

I was able to squeeze some more out but I'm sure it will be back again this arv when I check on him again. :(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:56 am 

Quote:
I decided to give Clydes eye a squeeze this afternoon to see how much gunk would come out of it & the white thing came out :-D , much to Clyde's discomfort :(

Oh my that sounds great you got all that out, so was it anything like in the video?

His recent photos look much better now & what with you getting some more stuff out I hope he will be ok. It would be good to get to the bottom of this Im sure.

gluck.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:16 pm 

sally.b wrote:
Oh my that sounds great you got all that out, so was it anything like in the video?

His recent photos look much better now & what with you getting some more stuff out I hope he will be ok. It would be good to get to the bottom of this Im sure.

gluck.gif
don't get too excited Sal it wasn't anything like the video (thank god) and it was about the size of a large pin head that came out so not really a lot but I am hoping that means we are getting to the end of it.

Keep your fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:25 pm 

So unfortuntely that wasn't the end of it and I squeezed out another chunk of gunk this morning :(

Although, this morning there was a definite feel of grittiness. I was able to get my finger in behind the lump and push the gunk right out from the back, but as I was doing it, I could feel the gritty lumpy bits coming out.

At the top of the photo there is a shell like thing that came out and under it was a couple of hard chunks and the rest was just squishable muck at the end and it smelt yukky as well. That's all the technical terms covered off :lol:

I will see how he goes again tomorrow morning to see if anymore builds up.

Surely it's got to stop soon th_Noooo.gif

Attachments:
This mornings gunk from Clydes eye.jpg
This mornings gunk from Clydes eye.jpg [ 72.57 KiB | Viewed 2046 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:09 pm 

Have these sample biopsies been sent off for an analysis to see what the problem in Clyde's may be?

Once again gluck.gif and and I pray and hope poor Clyde's eye heals.

One Very Sad and Very Lonely and Very Heartbroken French Wheaten Marans with the softest of feathers and fluffiest of bottoms...
One Australorp with the biggest of black eyes also very heartbroken with the death of her little Silkie buddy...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:13 am 

Hugs Chicka-Dee

to you and Clyde

He is a grand rooster

The gritty lumply stuff may of started the abscess

One Sussex Cockerel and 15 Sussex pullets

Proudly I only use APF

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:53 pm 

Well I think we are finally all better!

This is Clydes eye on Tuesday (a couple of days after getting the last lot of junk out on Sunday) and it is looking wonderful.

Thank you so much for all your help with this guys.

Special thanks to:

Parvo for your wisdom wave.gif

Barnsey for all those hugs icon_love.gif

PP for all your hopes and prayers and hugs icon_love.gif

And thank you [smilie=thanks.gif] to everyone else who gave positive thoughts & wishes of luck towards my big fella's recovery.

Oh and I thought I would post a pic of Clyde the whole bird, not just his eye :lol: , just cause he such a handsome looking fella. :-D

Cheers
Chicka-Dee

Attachments:
Clydes Eye 5 Nov.jpg
Clydes Eye 5 Nov.jpg [ 93.14 KiB | Viewed 2001 times ]
The Whole Bird, not just his eye!.jpg
The Whole Bird, not just his eye!.jpg [ 71.65 KiB | Viewed 1994 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next