AUSTRALIAN POULTRY FORUM™

The Biggest Poultry Forum in the world
It is Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:01 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Excess duck - sell or release on lake
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 7:49 am 
Offline
 
 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:47 am
Posts: 5
Location: QLD
I release all mine at the lake then go there and feed em every week


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Excess duck - sell or release on lake
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:58 am 
Offline
 
 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:20 pm
Posts: 223
Lillian wrote:
I release all mine at the lake then go there and feed em every week

Nice work soon they will double in numbers wee. wee.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Excess duck - sell or release on lake
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:29 pm 
Offline
 
 

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:35 am
Posts: 4
I saw 3 mandarin ducks on our local lake yesterday 2 males and 1 female they look so nice I do hope they breed up and drive the black ducks away


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Excess duck - sell or release on lake
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:13 am 
Offline
 
 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:26 am
Posts: 5
Location: DelusionLand
I hate live ducks they are so messy and dirty I do love them with roast veggies :-D


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Excess duck - sell or release on lake
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:29 am 
Offline
 
 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:29 pm
Posts: 485
Location: Placid Hills Qld
I really don't understand the hate for the brown ducks. I have a pair that frequent my dam and I like them.
They are a duck just like the other breeds. So quiet and unassuming. Mother nature put them on this earth for a reason.
That reason is not for the people to hate and kill just because they don't have fancy colours. They have character.
The one's that get on my goat are the whistlers. They come by the hundreds and eat all of my chook and duck food.
I know they look nice, but they are so annoying. They go into the coup and devour anything there.
I chase them off and now when I enter the run, they take off. Not even native to this country.
Wild ducks can bring in worms and other parasites just like all other wild birds. But that is because no-one cares for them.

_________________
Muscovies, Chooks, Geese, Parrots, Cockatoos, CAT, DOGS and 1 long suffering hubby.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Excess duck - sell or release on lake
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:37 am 
Offline
 
 
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 9:02 pm
Posts: 6
duckie wrote:
I really don't understand the hate for the brown ducks. I have a pair that frequent my dam and I like them.
They are a duck just like the other breeds. So quiet and unassuming. Mother nature put them on this earth for a reason.
That reason is not for the people to hate and kill just because they don't have fancy colours. They have character.
The one's that get on my goat are the whistlers. They come by the hundreds and eat all of my chook and duck food.
I know they look nice, but they are so annoying. They go into the coup and devour anything there.
I chase them off and now when I enter the run, they take off. Not even native to this country.
Wild ducks can bring in worms and other parasites just like all other wild birds. But that is because no-one cares for them.

I agree & also rather like the little teal ducks they sure do have character


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Excess duck - sell or release on lake
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:25 pm 
Offline
 
 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:14 am
Posts: 24
Location: Liarsville
Poultry Australia wrote:
I hate live ducks they are so messy and dirty I do love them with roast veggies :-D

i do prefer that also and a good few bottles of red wine my 71 year young girlfriend does love it when i have a few she says it is good 'legs opener'

_________________
i'm dumber than dog shit


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Excess duck - sell or release on lake
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:40 am 
Offline
 
 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:29 pm
Posts: 485
Location: Placid Hills Qld
Really Redjohanna??? That is not what this post is about. It's about like or dislike the duck,
not ( i do prefer that also and a good few bottles of red wine my 71 year young girlfriend does love it when i have a few she says it is good 'legs opener')

_________________
Muscovies, Chooks, Geese, Parrots, Cockatoos, CAT, DOGS and 1 long suffering hubby.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is on the Forum

Users browsing this forum: 70%cocoa, andrewschooks, Ben Newton, Cackles, caladenia, cc's poultry, Chicken07, Cordelia, Danny, FowlMan, Fraggle, HAPPYHENS, Katy, MattsGuineas, mycoola, Olivia N, P_Edwards, Pam, Podgie, redjohanna, sue55, T.A.S.S™ [Bot] and 5379909 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron

A.P.F - Australian Poultry Forum TM 1566349 all rights reserved 2002 - 2022

APF supports

Stop Forum Spam