AUSTRALIAN POULTRY FORUM™

The Biggest Poultry Forum in the world
It is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: does anyone have proven lavender muscovy in australia?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:48 am 

TP Member: Yes
The lavender pictures is dark its interesting the variations from our waterfowl to those overseas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:43 am 
­
­

Different genetics at play they have diversity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:11 pm 

i think my point is constantly being missed. lavender is NOT silver(two doses of blue), blue, or fume(blue & bronze). i doesnt matter if they look similar they aren't the same thing.

you can say that the lines between silver and lavender are blurred here in australia. do the test. breed a lavender into a black and you get black babies. breed a silver into a black and you get blue babies. no blurring going on with those results. i'd be pretty shitty if i had a rare australian lavender muscovy at a show in the lavender catagorie and it got beaten by a not so rare silver.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:46 pm 

Ian can you post the genetic study to show the gene difference here in australia, we all know that they are in the USA and you say lavender is true to its genetics so can we all see that. I would like to see australian testing on silver muscovy and lavender muscovy not overseas please and not another duck breed must be muscovy study and genetics please

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:59 pm 
­
­

ian4379 wrote:
i think my point is constantly being missed. lavender is NOT silver(two doses of blue), blue, or fume(blue & bronze). i doesnt matter if they look similar they aren't the same thing.

you can say that the lines between silver and lavender are blurred here in australia. do the test. breed a lavender into a black and you get black babies. breed a silver into a black and you get blue babies. no blurring going on with those results. i'd be pretty shitty if i had a rare australian lavender muscovy at a show in the lavender catagorie and it got beaten by a not so rare silver.

No not being missed at all you said and I quote
Quote:
i've been looking for a while and have seen silver, blues or fumes called lavender. have even bought a "lavender" thats turned out silver,

You even bought a "lavender" that turned out silver so as the phenotype you must have thought it was "lavender"? so the colour must be "blurred" enough to make you believe. We know how lavender breeds what most are discussing is the confusion with PHENOTYPE not genetics. I agree with craffty lets see the gene finger printing of both silver and lavender MUSCOVY from Australia so we can be sure its not a dark shade silver or silver is a light shade lavender. Lets see the genetics for both?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:22 pm 

how can i show you a testing on lavender in australia when i'm yet to see one? look at the title of the thread.

i bought a lavender because i was told it was lavender. it had very minimal colouring so i thought i'd take the punt. turns out from test breeding it was blue pied.

the whole point of this thread was to see if anyone had any proven lavender in Australia. not have a talk about how the colours look similar so you never know etc. the conversation is just going round in circles.

Last edited by ian43 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:40 pm 
­
­

People are commenting on the similarity and there IS similarity in the colour of silver and lavender. The colour phenotype lavender COULD be similar in genetics in Muscovy {don't care how lavender chooks or other ducks breed} we just do not know as there is no testing as yet. Its an interesting topic that may bring out what your looking in time.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:59 am 

Thats right CW [smilie=a_goodjobson.gif]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:03 am 

You can only go on visual at first anyway so talking about the colours looking similar is what I expect and I am sure everyone reading too.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:18 pm 

DwayneV wrote:
You can only go on visual at first anyway so talking about the colours looking similar is what I expect and I am sure everyone reading too.

Actually I was expecting some discussion regarding "proven lavender" as per the original post as it seemed to be a given that some colours are phenotypically similar.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next