AUSTRALIAN POULTRY FORUM™

The Biggest Poultry Forum in the world
It is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:51 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Security and your birds [just my opinion to keep them safe]
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:23 am 
TWO FACED
TWO FACED

Drew Smith wrote:
then its just about impossible to catch them other than DNA?
Cheers Drew Smith

DNA
- YEP -
I have actually been there done that re a con artist to prove he did not have birds from my lines = it worked

re bird pics on the internet - i was recently looking for a good outcross for one of my lines =
contacted a breeder who sent me 'pics' of his current birds - - - - -

was VERY impressed with the birds in the pics - especially seeing all I had to do was walk out to the pen THEY were in on MY property
Yep :roll: :evil: they had got the pics from another breeder who they had contacted looking for a good outcross!!!

typical!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [she says shaking her head from side to side sighing at the 'foolishness' and 'avarice' that goes on]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:45 pm 

That is so good you caught the b@#tard what a jerk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:37 pm 

Yes its so good you caught him now if ony you could cut his you know whats off :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:16 pm 
TWO FACED
TWO FACED

hmmmmmmmmmm
dont give me ideas you guys!!!!!!!!

re microchipping =

Just last Sunday it has proven to be helpful =
my Black pullet was not in her assigned pen at a recent show = I went to the car came back with my scanner and scanned each Black girl still there - fortunately my bird 'beeped' when the scanner went over her [some 15 or so cages away from her assigned pen] and YES I did check her number just incase someone else had microchipped birds
of course if she had of been removed from the shed she would have been gone forever - but I was able to find her and she is home safe and sound again.
so thanks to my fanatical microchipping of my birds I did bring all my birds back home

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:22 pm 

Very wise information soozorps Thans for shareing your experiences and advice with the inexperienced.
Linda

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:01 pm 

We lost over 12 Australorps almost 2 years ago to thieves, the worst part was we know who stole them but couldn't prove it and they sold the lot. We did get a friend to buy 5 of them back and since then we don't let anyone come to our place to buy chooks or anything. We also got a German shepherd and heaps of night lights.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:33 pm 

Very good advice I had a 2 legged fox take 11 Langshans 3 weeks ago only 2 week after I advertised a few for sale in the paper. Be very careful you just never think it will happen to you.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:39 pm 

what happened to the days, when you didnt have to even lock your doors, you could leave your keys in your car ,

kids were home before dark, if we played up as kids and took something that we didnt pay for the coppers would give you a big boot in the you know were , th_Noooo.gif then your old man would do the same,

now days anything is fare game , :(

regards jase

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:13 am 
TWO FACED
TWO FACED

^^
as Jase said
and THIS is why I run a closed community regardless of if I offend a small few that want to see my place and my birds in their 'natural environment'
if a potential purchaser doesnt understand or gets upset by my ‘closed’ method of raising and selling birds – they are more than welcome to go elsewhere

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:40 pm 

always new there was a good reason my dog runs are all around the outside of my chook pens n yards , i dont mind having to walk thru APB YARDS TO GET TO MY CHOOKS but 4 some reason know one go's near the chooks un less me or the missus r with them a_bravo.gif sidesplit.gif funny that cheers n beers gary { fully registed APB beeder }

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next