AUSTRALIAN POULTRY FORUM™

The Biggest Poultry Forum in the world
It is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:39 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: WHITE Guinea Keets (Pictures)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:20 pm 

Very cool keets you have and snow white, now all you need is seven dwarfs :lol: I could see apair of those at my place sometime down the road congt334

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:59 pm 

Looks like someones been busy on "Blacklisted Website" send messages to everyone about the whites but so glad they did and now I find its a better forum here

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:54 am 

Gorgeous keets my kids looked at them and named them snowwhite and the angles so if we ever get a few whites no guessing what their names will be

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:15 pm 

GG Member: Yes
I was wondering how Peacocks Australia bred the first white guinea fowls here I have emailed him but he is to busy to answer so I was wondering in the mean time if you guys like Ace or cinnguinea know? I was first thinking with using the pieds but that seem to simple and from what little I know of the genetics thing its not possible that way? I understand you may not want to post it publicly because of those trolls so if possible maybe in a message?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:15 pm 

Roundyard wrote:
I was wondering how Peacocks Australia bred the first white guinea fowls here I have emailed him but he is to busy to answer so I was wondering in the mean time if you guys like Ace or cinnguinea know? I was first thinking with using the pieds but that seem to simple and from what little I know of the genetics thing its not possible that way? I understand you may not want to post it publicly because of those trolls so if possible maybe in a message?

The very short answer is NO this misconception still goes on with some people because they do not understand the genetics and simply go on the very basic assumption that 1 reverse pied x 1 reverse pied = white guinea fowl, WRONG! to be fair to them I leant this only after reading PA's genetics table and breeding history on the white guinea fowl in Australia and it was a very in-depth but very interesting as to which gene combo was the key to their development here in Australia. As he points out at the start white guinea fowl are not pied guinea fowl both in phenotype and genotype. I cannot post the article for a few reasons 2 being as its © to PA and its very large. This is a very, very tiny part of his genetics table and note I have edited out several lines that referred to the gene combo for white and other new mutations.

Base mating of Pearl Pied to Pearl Pied
Mating- TP X TP = 50% TP= Pied & 50% GP= split pied
note: GP is not GT nor can it be GTP as its opposite to both (see note on allele)

Gene code var to ll and cl but same progeny outcome with different gene sequence (see fig 12)

Base mating of Reverse Pied to Reverse Pied in Pearl
Mating- TTP X TTP = 50% TP= Pied & 25% TTP= Reverse Pied & 25% GP= split pied
note: no GP can be split for TTP due to pattern mutation which cannot be controlled (see fig 13 & 27)
note: TTP does not breed true but in PA line 36 the % has increased by 1/3 (see page 36, 43 )
note TT is not possible from this mating as TP & TTP cannot produce TT in either phenotype or genotype regardless of pairings or % of TP/TTP in sire or dam (see fig 19 & genetic codes )
Gene code var to ll and cl but same progeny outcome with different gene sequence (see fig 14)

This info is strictly © to Peacocks Australia DO NOT post it elsewhere.

So bottom line you cannot breed a white guinea fowl from ANY pied combo alone, you simply need to use a ******* ****** in the mix and in the second year white keets! . Even if you breed a 99% white its still a pied and by the way you will never breed a 99% pied 96% is the highest bred by PA and pictured in AGFBG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:11 am 

AWESOME info Ace, I figured it was not as simple as pied to pied no matter how much white that much I got from reading the genetics on international guineas but needed it confirmed for aust whites with the different genes here, thanks heaps for the answer I bet it will help heaps to understand now

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:19 am 

I too would like to thank you for allowing us to see your lovely white keets wee.

Now we need a "Billy Goat Gruff" smiley for the trolls ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:43 pm 

th_clap.gif Gorgeous!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:34 am 

woohoo4 woohoo4 white keets woohoo4 now I am happy woohoo4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:43 am 

Can I too be on a short list to buy a few subject to price of course

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 33  Next