AUSTRALIAN POULTRY FORUM™

The Biggest Poultry Forum in the world
It is Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:13 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: (ARPIS) Egg Import Syndicate - from UK to Australia
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:52 am 

So you are saying that a government web site is making this up?
For what reason?
They are the ones after all who don't want the disease in here in the first place ( or should I say the commercial poultry industry doesn't want it in).

Your argument makes no sense.

i have spoken to several veterinary pathologists who assure me that the disease DOES exist in backyard flocks.
They see it because they deal with backyard chickens coming from all over Australia.

I don't understand your doubting. What evidence do you have that it doesn't exist? Are you a veterinary pathologist? Or work for a government department in animal health or biosecurity?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:21 am 

How about just lock this topic rather than keeping the debate going on thinkerg.gif

Perhaps start afresh thinkerg.gif

One Very Sad and Very Lonely and Very Heartbroken French Wheaten Marans with the softest of feathers and fluffiest of bottoms...
One Australorp with the biggest of black eyes also very heartbroken with the death of her little Silkie buddy...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:31 am 

TP Member: Yes
parvo wrote:
So you are saying that a government web site is making this up?
For what reason?
They are the ones after all who don't want the disease in here in the first place ( or should I say the commercial poultry industry doesn't want it in).

Your argument makes no sense.

i have spoken to several veterinary pathologists who assure me that the disease DOES exist in backyard flocks.
They see it because they deal with backyard chickens coming from all over Australia.

I don't understand your doubting. What evidence do you have that it doesn't exist? Are you a veterinary pathologist? Or work for a government department in animal health or biosecurity?

Parvo yet again the same merry go round :roll: As I have stated before it is NOT a govt web site it is a COMPANY web site you keep quoting a very small passage from please look it up and then edit your post (Animal Health Australia (AHA) is a not-for-profit public company). NO proof of the claim there nor how old the claim is?

parvo wrote:

Ok, great then SHOW US THE PROOF ;) please post the pathology reports from the "chickens coming from all over Australia" showing the EXACT same strain, so we can all read them? looking forward to reading those Parvo ;) and have all these veterinary pathologists contacted DAFF with these pathology results? It is the EXACT same strain found in the imports you talking about, yes? Have these veterinary pathologists combined their work into a study paper for the gazette on the EXACT same strain?

Looking forward to reading those pathology reports from those chickens coming from all over Australia.

parvo wrote:
What evidence do you have that it doesn't exist? Are you a veterinary pathologist? Or work for a government department in animal health or biosecurity?

:lol: :lol: I do not have to prove anything Parvo, why.. The official statement from DAFF (an actual govt dept and govt web site) is the exotic strain of this deadly disease found in these imports is NOT in Australia. You need to prove the EXACT same exotic strain does to DAFF (innocent until proven guilty), good luck ;) :-D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:36 am 

TP Member: Yes
A reminder to everyone, please read though this topic first before posting repeated questions or comments saves us have to repeat replies over and over and over again.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:09 am 

I am very sorry, I didn't intend to cause any problems, just copy and paste what we have had reported here in the UK. I am sure once the dust has settled there will be a more comprehensive report outlining some of the pitfalls and perhaps how to improve and not make the same mistakes again. I have no idea what the status is in Australia around some of the poultry diseases only that in the UK backyard flocks have a higher prevalence of diseases than obviously commercial flocks, saying that I guess we have a much smaller geography over here so pretty hard for flocks to stay insular!

For information, David Spackman the author of the text is one of our top poultry vets and the lead poultry consultant for the whole project on this side. Hope this helps, once again, it is such a shame and really hope that some good can come out of this and that poultry enthusiasts in the UK can continue to help and support with fresh bloodlines in the future.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:03 am 

One lesson is to do far better testing in the source flock and detect such or any disease BEFORE the eggs are sent to Australia so bucket loads of $$$$$ are not wasted.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:30 pm 

The waste of money this was is so embarrassing and to continue the fight was an even bigger waste of money. One mistake after another and another and another............................

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:48 pm 

i_like1 so very very true i_like1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:54 am 

I looked at going into the second one if there was one but no way now I have read all about the disaster of the first I have better uses for my money

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:02 am 

Much disappointment on both sides I say but I feel we should have been better prepared for the what seemed inevitable in the end. Consulting people on this forum may have been prudent in hindsight you know

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next