P1010260.JPG [ 99.22 KiB | Viewed 1352 times ]
P1010231.JPG
P1010231.JPG [ 89.89 KiB | Viewed 1368 times ]

One Sussex Cockerel and 15 Sussex pullets

Proudly I only use APF
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Chook diary
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:45 pm 

They are gorgeous Yas and some lovely photography too.

I do believe you can have a King and Queen. Top of the pecking order for your roo and pullet.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:04 am 

thank you Chickababe
Hugs to you

Attachments:
P1010524.JPG
P1010524.JPG [ 45.32 KiB | Viewed 1351 times ]
File comment: Mary My lap chookie
P1010487.JPG
P1010487.JPG [ 63.47 KiB | Viewed 1355 times ]
File comment: Mary approves of these feeders
P1010433.JPG
P1010433.JPG [ 98.41 KiB | Viewed 1357 times ]

Proudly I only use APF
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:27 am 

Oh hooray wee. (I know I'm a bit late)

Haven't been on for a while, so it's great to see you got King Henry & the girls now.

They look fantastic and so very content.

They have truly moved into a loving home :-D

Well Done Barnsey. i_like1

Cheers
Chicka-Dee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:33 am 

Thank you ChickaDee

How are your new darlings going have they arrived yet

How is Darling Clyde and Darling Clara hugs to them
Hugs to you too

Proudly I only use APF

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:12 pm 

They look great Y.barnesy i_like1 You must be very pleased happy_duck

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:04 pm 

Y.barnesy wrote:
Thank you ChickaDee

Hugs to you too

Always luv ya hugs barnsey than657

Clyde & Clara are doing well. Clara just got off from sitting on 4 eggs but only one hatched and he had leg problems so we had to put him down :(

So now she's back in the pen with the others getting back her pre-baby body again.

I have had a chicken explosion since just before Christmas where I have now gone from about 10 chickens to about 32 :lol:

Hubby-D now has anther chicken pen order to fill so I can segregate my breeds.

I've now got 9 Barnevelders, 4 French Wheatens, 8 Isa Browns, 1 Pure Bred Leghorn & 3 Commercial Whites, 1 Australorp, 1 Black Commercial, Priscilla (Barred Plymouth Rock), Lolly & Pickle (my beautiful Aracuana's), 1 Clyde/Ginger X (Ginger is an Isa Brown) & 3 Speckled Sussex (Clyde, Clara & their baby that hatched out in October) hide:

Does that make 32 conf665

Sooooo, I am very busy these days because the Barnies & Wheatens are in separate cages so I'm running all over the yard making sure everyone is fed, watered, exercised, cuddled, let out & put to bed. Phew :lol:

It's total Chickenpalooza here [smilie=a_rolling.gif]

Love it!!!!

Oh and I just sold 1 rooster on the weekend that came out of the Clyde/Clara hatch back in October so it was 33 up until 2 days ago, but hey who's counting sidesplit.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:16 am 

Chicka-Dee wrote:
Y.barnesy wrote:
Thank you ChickaDee

Hugs to you too

Always luv ya hugs barnsey than657

Clyde & Clara are doing well. Clara just got off from sitting on 4 eggs but only one hatched and he had leg problems so we had to put him down :(

So now she's back in the pen with the others getting back her pre-baby body again.

I have had a chicken explosion since just before Christmas where I have now gone from about 10 chickens to about 32 :lol:

Hubby-D now has anther chicken pen order to fill so I can segregate my breeds.

I've now got 9 Barnevelders, 4 French Wheatens, 8 Isa Browns, 1 Pure Bred Leghorn & 3 Commercial Whites, 1 Australorp, 1 Black Commercial, Priscilla (Barred Plymouth Rock), Lolly & Pickle (my beautiful Aracuana's), 1 Clyde/Ginger X (Ginger is an Isa Brown) & 3 Speckled Sussex (Clyde, Clara & their baby that hatched out in October) hide:

Does that make 32 conf665

Sooooo, I am very busy these days because the Barnies & Wheatens are in separate cages so I'm running all over the yard making sure everyone is fed, watered, exercised, cuddled, let out & put to bed. Phew :lol:

It's total Chickenpalooza here [smilie=a_rolling.gif]

Love it!!!!

Oh and I just sold 1 rooster on the weekend that came out of the Clyde/Clara hatch back in October so it was 33 up until 2 days ago, but hey who's counting sidesplit.gif

Hugs dear

Poor Clara and her chick

Has Clyde's son who was hatched in October started crowing yet or would he be younger then Henry.

My flocks hatch date is October 7th and i am guessing that some were born on
October the 14th since about 6 of the girls are smaller then every one else.

How old was Clyde when e started to learn to crow?

Really proud how Henry stopped a tiff yesterday Victoria was getting a bit naughty with one of the other girls so he rushed over and stood tall with chest puffed out and stared her down till she backed off to behave.

Yes thats 32 chookies you have and all wonderful

How is Lolly going

I have been doing the same almost just only the one group thought 15 flock members have learnt how to perch but one girl is not quite there yet so i lift her to the perch every night.

Henry now sleeps on the highest perch with his favs
And Mary sleeps on the middle perch

I am that PoultryDan thank you Hugs to you

Proudly I only use APF

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:13 pm 

Y.barnesy wrote:
Has Clyde's son who was hatched in October started crowing yet or would he be younger then Henry.

My flocks hatch date is October 7th and i am guessing that some were born on
October the 14th since about 6 of the girls are smaller then every one else.

How old was Clyde when e started to learn to crow?

Clyde's son was born on 22/10/13, so only slightly younger than your lot.

The people I bought Clyde off said he was approx. 6 -7 mths old, but you can never be 100% sure when you buy an animal off someone else as they always have the ability to lie & tell fibs to make the "sale" more attractive, if you know what I mean. Clyde started to crow about a week after I got him.

It would have been interesting to see how old my baby would have been before he started to crow, but we just couldn't hang on to him :(
Y.barnesy wrote:
How is Lolly going

Lolly is great :-D

I just love Lolly. He is my total favourite.

When he was a baby I use to hold Pickle in my hand and call Lolly up & down the hallway and he use to run/zig zag up & down the hallway after me. I nearly use to pee myself laughing it was so funny to watch. sidesplit.gif

I use to say I was giving him abandonment issues, but now whenever I am out and I call his name he comes running across the yard to see me, and considering he has feathers in front of his eyes he has to go off the sound of my voice. I just love him to bits. :-D

Yesterday I had Lolly on one leg & Pickle on the other just sitting there watching the world go round, while I played Candy Crush on my iPhone & they just sat there all content. ;)