AUSTRALIAN POULTRY FORUM™

The Biggest Poultry Forum in the world
It is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:59 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Re: Edgar's Mission farm faces bushfires
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:35 pm 

"let he who is without sin, cast the first stone"

The comments and reactions are NOT to the story but to the picture, as I have to agree its DISGUSTING!

Kudos and th_clap.gif to them moving the fowls, pigs ect.... but NOT inside a house, come on really! have a look at the picture it puts me off my dinner.

What's the room air freshener, "Chookpoo N°5."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:53 pm 

Yes its not the act that anyone has issue with its were they ended up. I agree not in the house, especially not a bedroom WT!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:09 pm 

I think the negativity detracts from the wonderful work that Edgar's Missions does in rescuing and rehabilitating animals.

One Very Sad and Very Lonely and Very Heartbroken French Wheaten Marans with the softest of feathers and fluffiest of bottoms...
One Australorp with the biggest of black eyes also very heartbroken with the death of her little Silkie buddy...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:39 am 

Yeah, I get the "yuck, disgusting, not in the bedroom!" reactions (we all deal with chicken poop, and lots of it, every day), but I think the first reaction should have been more positive. She's got a LOT of birds and there were probably already in the bathroom/laundry, etc.

Anyhoo. Well done, Edgar's Mission. All I'm sayin'.

Mands

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:45 pm 

10/10 for all their hard work they do a fantastic job and we all love them for that a_bravo.gif a_bravo.gif

10/10 for moving them out of harms way a_bravo.gif a_bravo.gif

0/10 for choice of temp accommodation [smilie=thumbdown2.gif] [smilie=thumbdown2.gif]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:48 pm 

It's a huge job. According to the Australian Egg Corporation Limited there are approximately 16.5 million laying hens in Australia. With the high turnover rate of commercial layers that equates to a lot of spare bedrooms.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:48 pm 

Im with Mands on this one. Good on you Mands. Each creature is equal. Humans have alot to answer for. Fancy culling chickens because of the way they look. No need to say more on that subject. Pam & Co do a brilliant job for the animals that humans toss away. Humans should be ashamed of themselves. Put it this way if humans looked after their animals better, Pam would be out of a job and she wouldnt have to find temporary homes for the animals. Pam was in dire need of emergency homes for the animals she couldnt afford to be picky about where they went as long as they were safe. I take my hat off to her. So before anybody else has a go at Pam at Edgars Mission imagine yourself in her shoes. My case rests!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:11 pm 

Hens and Hobbits wrote:
"You cannot judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes"

jennye wrote:
So before anybody else has a go at Pam at Edgars Mission imagine yourself in her shoes. My case rests!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Animal rescuers and carers have pretty BIG shoes to fill, they work tirelessly without very little assistance or recognition.

We should help them rather have vehement expressions of disapproval against them!

One Very Sad and Very Lonely and Very Heartbroken French Wheaten Marans with the softest of feathers and fluffiest of bottoms...
One Australorp with the biggest of black eyes also very heartbroken with the death of her little Silkie buddy...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:52 pm 
­
­

jennye wrote:
Im with Mands on this one. Good on you Mands. Each creature is equal. Humans have alot to answer for. Fancy culling chickens because of the way they look. No need to say more on that subject. Pam & Co do a brilliant job for the animals that humans toss away. Humans should be ashamed of themselves. Put it this way if humans looked after their animals better, Pam would be out of a job and she wouldnt have to find temporary homes for the animals. Pam was in dire need of emergency homes for the animals she couldnt afford to be picky about where they went as long as they were safe. I take my hat off to her. So before anybody else has a go at Pam at Edgars Mission imagine yourself in her shoes. My case rests!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have missed the point and this is not about comparing humans to chooks. Step down of the soap box and breath deeply. The comments relate to WHERE THEY WERE HOUSED thats it, just that. nothing more. Please try to read all the comments and understand the context of those comments before posting. Thanks

Raf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:55 pm 
­
­

Petite Poulet wrote:
We should help them rather have vehement expressions of disapproval against them!

Please read above and don't cast dispersions on others. Thanks

Raf