AUSTRALIAN POULTRY FORUM™

The Biggest Poultry Forum in the world
It is Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Re: Today was a good day because......
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:41 pm 

Doolan wrote:
There you go Chick-a-dee.....thats the crazy person

Hey D

Long time no chat.... wave.gif

Better ad Barnevelder to that list in your signature [smilie=a_goodjobson.gif]

Geri's a lovely hen :-D

I have two Barnies and they're crazy idiots too.

One minute they're walking, the next they're running flat out, and then they bump chests like they've just won the Super Bowl :lol:

I had one of my girls, a couple of months ago, go broody & bring up a clutch of chicks, now the other one has gone broody. They're actually good broodies, but can't fit a lot of eggs under them.

Unlike my RIR who just hatched out 17 Plymouth Rocks for me on the weekend wee.

Cheers
Chicka-Dee ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:23 pm 

Oh hey Chick

Oh wonderful..thanks for that..wondered what she was..she is absolutely looney...loud and boisterous...wants all of town to know she has laid...sticky eggs though..big brown speckly and always half the nest stuck to it....flys to the highest point of yard, runs full pelt towards me then if i say Hi Geri, she runs away screaming like a banshee indian...mad...completely mad...love her..she is bottom of the rung here and the other girls wont let her eat first or get any special attention...

She hates to be touched...very scared yet i have had since she was five days old...what a shame..but she will snatch food from my hand and is very rough...are yours like that....do they have a better life span than the Isa Browns? My prolapsed girl is still going strong....mended the ugly end five times now but she doesnt appear to be suffering but surely she must be egg bound...

Lovely to hear from you...and thanks again for the I.D. For Geri.

Doolan xxxxx wave.gif

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:25 pm 

17 Plymouths my goodness that is a large clutch...wacky doooooo....fabulous xxx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:51 am 

Today was a good day because........I have been on a week long search for someone with Exchequer Leghorns, and I finally got to talk to someone who has them wee.

Doolan wrote:
17 Plymouths my goodness that is a large clutch...wacky doooooo....fabulous xxx
I know right! She did a fantastic job :-D

Doolan wrote:
Oh hey Chick

Oh wonderful..thanks for that..wondered what she was..she is absolutely looney...loud and boisterous...wants all of town to know she has laid...sticky eggs though..big brown specklyyep that's a Barnie egg for sure ;) and always half the nest stuck to it....flys to the highest point of yard, runs full pelt towards me then if i say Hi Geri, she runs away screaming like a banshee indian...mad...completely mad...love her..she is bottom of the rung here and the other girls wont let her eat first or get any special attention...

She hates to be touched...very scared mine were to start with as well, but I harrass them all the time & they are getting use to me grabbing them now & no longer scream their heads off when I am holding them - complete nut jobsyet i have had since she was five days old...what a shame..but she will snatch food from my hand and is very rough...are yours like that...mine scratch every bit of wood shavings out of the nesting box, everytime. Drives me nuts.do they have a better life span than the Isa Browns? oh yes, they're suppose to live for about 7 -10 years with a laying life of at least 6 good years, but as all heritage breeds the % goes down each year after their annual moultMy prolapsed girl is still going strong....mended the ugly end five times now but she doesnt appear to be suffering but surely she must be egg bound...its a perpetual problem I'm afraid, once it happens once, it's an ongoing issue, you'll be the local Prolapse expert :lol:

Lovely to hear from you...and thanks again for the I.D. For Geri.

Doolan xxxxx wave.gif
No worries, lovely to chat D xx wave.gif

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Who is on the Forum

Users browsing this forum: 10Geese, 6 Ducks, 70%cocoa, ABC Poultry, Adam Smith, Adeiela, Akeet, Alex Cooper, alexanderpeafowl, AlligatorCrkHeritageBreed, Alpine Poultry, Amature Chookz, andrewschooks, Appleton Australorps, arvoducks, Ash Maree, auctioneer, Avi Rare Breeds, Ayam Cemani, Backyard Chicken Chat, Backyard fowl, BaliDuckz, Bantam Rhode Island Red, Bantamenance, Barnywood, beakybird, bearfred, BeatenEgg, Beaudesert Mandarins, bemba, Ben Newton, benalla park, Bendigo Poultry, Berryjj, BigDucksOz, BigQuackers, birds101, Birds4u, birdsrock, Birdz4u, blackdotte, blackleghorn, BlackSwan, Blackswan1, Blue Australorps, bluefirelady, Bob Brookes, BokBok2, Boolaroo, Booths Bantams, Boxwood, Brad M, brerrabbit, Brian Jack, BriansPeas, broken bird, BROOKES POULTRY, BT Homestead, BUBO, Buff Pekins, Buggsy, BushPig, ButtercupBreedGroup, BYC, byhookorchook, Cackles, caladenia, Caladenia Cottage, Calum H, Cammo Qld, CamsBantams, Carawatha Chickens, Cashmere, castaway chicken, cc's poultry, Charmhaven Chooks, Cheesman Chooks, Chicken Unity, chicken-boy, Chicken07, chickenlittle, Chickens Mad, Chickhorn, Chook Lady, chookasaurus, chookgirl, chookiebum, ChookieG, ChookMamma, ChookMum, Chooks Galore, Chooks R Us, chookslife, chookyinoz, Christine Shaw, Chukar, Cliff Wyandotte Bantams, CluckyDeb, coastalchookies, Colac Sussex, ColacWaterfowl, Collector Peafowl, Connor Peafowl, cookie, Cordelia, Country Bird, CountryChookz, Cowhide, CrackerChook, Crash, Daggy Guineas, Daniel Lawton, Danny, Danny Brown, DARLING DOWNS PIGEONS, darrssy, daviburn, David Simons, DavidGraham, Deb Thomas, debbilee, Denis, Desborough Birds, Dianne Carter, DillDale, Dodds Birds, DragonsDen, Dreaming Guineas, duckyfromoz, Duckz44, Eason Chooks, Eat Chooks, Ecovald, eggnog, EggSellent, eggy, eugenia, Fancychooklady, Farmer Benji, Feathers01, Flash, FlockPheasants, fluff fur & feathers, FluffyBum Silkies, FowlMan, Fraggle, Frances Brahmas, Fraser Island, FrogLeap, Furze Chooks, Gaggle of Geese, Gails Guinea Fowl, Gamebreeder, GavinGoose, geckodan, Georges Birds, Ginny, girlfriday, Glen Fowler, Gold Laced Wyandotte, Golden Pond, Golden West Waterfowl, Goodwin Ducks, Goran, Goulburn Heritage Poultry, grabby, GreenWest, Greg Davies, GUINEA FOWL, guinea fowl galore, Guinea Fowl Troop, Guinea owner, guineafowl, GuineaHomer, Haggis, hairycanary, HAPPYHENS, Hardfeather, Hawkes, heggie, Heidi F, Heijo, Helenchooks, Henny Penny, HillbillyGirlWA, Hyline Brown, Ian B, infoaddict, Isa Brown, Isachooks, Island Fowl, Ivan J, J Hicks, jaffa, Jane Stewart, Janelle Marshall, Jane's Chooks, jap jumbo quails, jarryd, Jeff Duncan, Jen71, Jersey Giant, Jimboomba Poultry, John Cole, John Pike, johnstoneparksussex, JonksGuineas, jose, Josh Welsummers, jr, JRA, Judith King, Judy Appleton, Julie Hart, Kalimna Heritage Poultry, kardella poultry, Karlisa, Katy, KAZZA64, KellyP, KEMPSEY NAKED NECKS, Ken Johnstone, kezabel, Khaki_Ducks, Kin Kin Silkies, Kingscote Chickens, Kingsthorpe Fowl, klw, konopiste, KoopKing, kowie, KT, kyall3, LadyAmherst21, lanceview, Lawnton Poultry, Lesley Thomson, Leslie Cooper, Lilly, Linda P, Linz, Lozzy, LozzyR, LueT, luvmychook, madrex, MamasPyjamas, Mannie, Marek, Marengo Heritage Poultry, Margret Young, MaryJ, MaryJanet, Matt Knight, MattsGuineas, Mcginniss Fowl, meander, Melanie Y, MemoryLane, Milo, MinistryofDucks, Minorca&AndalusianStud, MinorcaCoop, mitchell07, MitchesMarans, Monique, Monto Poultry, MrPeabody, Mrpeewee, Ms Frankie, mummaroo, mycoola, Myflockoblues, mysticviews, NanangoGuineaBoy, nathanael bantams, NellyG, NEP, NepeanBirds, New England Watefowl, NightMare, Noel Cox, NSW King Quails, NZ Pekin Queen, Oaklands, Oldmanrooster, Olivia N, ONE TREE HILL, Ozchook, ozflock, ozguineafowl, ozibirds, O'Connor Sumatras, P_Edwards, Pam, Paul Clark, Peafowland, peamad, pearcey, Peel Waterfowl, PeepGuineafowl, Perth Pigeons, perthchooks, Peter Mead, Pheasant Man, Phil Thomas, PHILL, Pitts_Poultry, pj hatchery, Podgie, PossumCorner, Poulsen, Poultry, Poultry Hoarder, Poultry Matters, Poultry mum, Poultry Rare Breeds, poultrynut, PrestigePeafowl, Pretty boy, Priens Fowl, prorooster, Prouten, QuailFarmer, QuailQueenGC, QuailTales, Quailz, Quamby Chickens, Rainbow Chickens, Rawlinson, realimagery, redeyekeet, redjohanna, Reeves Family, Rhiannan H, Rhode Red, Rick Bobby, Ricky Bobby, Riverchase, RJJ Fowl, Rob Smith, Rod Taylor, Roger Parkin, Rohan, rollyard, Roma Runners, Rose, RossGuineaFowl, Roundyard, ruff, rwood, Sandra Clarke, SantaClaws, Scots Grey Stud, seeing_spots, shairlyn, Sharni N, shayne, Shelly Roberts, silver duckwing game, Smallflock, snowball, South Aust Rouen Ducks, SouthernDucks, SouthSussex, Sparky, splash laced Wyandotte, springcreek, Stark Waterfowls, Stelan, Stephen Richards, Steve Davies, Stewart Grant, Stuart Turner, Sue Clarke, Sue Hall, Sue Sheppard, Sue Wards, sue55, Sumatra Stud AU, sunrise, Sussex19, swiftwood pheasants, SwineoSam, SydneyOEG, T.A.S.S™ [Bot], TANYA, TazBarnies, The Barnyard, The Browns, The Chook Man, The Good Life, The Gotfeather, TheChookBlock, Tolmie Guinea Fowl, Tolmie Peafowl, Tolmie Pheasants, Toolern Vale Fowl, Trany Naked Neck, Tribe of Honk, Tropic Poultry, Trott Park, Trout Runner, Turkey Man, Varley Pheasants, Vella Layer Hens, Vicki Joy, Victorian Waterfowl, Violet Town, W Brown, warmblood, Webbs Orpingtons, WendyT, Wheatley Silkies, white modern game, Whittlesea Poultry, whittls, wildman, Willow Park Poultry, winglet, Wombatbird, Wonderful Silkies, Wongarra Poultry, Wood Duck, WotTheFlock, Yvette, Zanne and 5680026 guests