AUSTRALIAN POULTRY FORUM™

The Biggest Poultry Forum in the world
It is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:51 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Looking for Cream Legbars
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:15 pm 
pauls game wrote:
Do you have any eggs I can buy please?

Yes would like to get a few dozen if possible

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:53 am 

Still looking for Crested Cream legbars
I “made” Legbars 20 years ago and was amazed with how robust and productive the breed was. Five years later I started to breed Crested Creams and they slowly developed into the right colour and type. My “pattern” was a picture from the UK of a pair and I continued to breed to these.
Six years ago I moved houses and towns and had to give up my creams so I distributed them around to friends and a High School farm hoping that should I need to start again I could recover enough stock to do so.
What I hoped for has happened and I have started again with my Creams. The trouble is the people I left them with did not pay much attention to strict breeding rules so all I have is a mixed group of hens of various plumage colours, most with crests and all laying green or blue eggs. The cockerel with them is a grandson of my last breeding male which appears to be of the correct plumage colours and type but doesn't have a crest.
When putting this breeding group together I followed every lead and contact I could find across Australia to obtain other stock to help start me off with no luck.
Terry Hill’s CCL site is ideal but his birds are locked down to at least May next year in a special breeding project.
Therefore I would like to appeal to “Dapto Poultry” of 7/4/2010 for a referral to that breeder just to obtain a few birds to improve my line, even just a cockerel. Hopefully you can see that secrecy and with holding breeding stock is counter productive to our hobby?
Also RJJ Fowl 30/7/2016 a flock of 400 or so with 25 other breeders ???? how can I get in touch with any of them please?
If either of you could contact me privately to help me obtain some better breeding stock I promise to still keep the identity of the breeders to myself.
I have a lifetime of experience with breeding and keeping chooks and my experience has always shown that any special breeding lines should be spread as widely as possible to conserve and develop them.
There are too many natural and human disasters in our lives which can destroy years of effort and skill in an instant.
egch6678

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:53 am 

Still looking for Crested Cream legbars
I “made” Legbars 20 years ago and was amazed with how robust and productive the breed was. Five years later I started to breed Crested Creams and they slowly developed into the right colour and type. My “pattern” was a picture from the UK of a pair and I continued to breed to these.
Six years ago I moved houses and towns and had to give up my creams so I distributed them around to friends and a High School farm hoping that should I need to start again I could recover enough stock to do so.
What I hoped for has happened and I have started again with my Creams. The trouble is the people I left them with did not pay much attention to strict breeding rules so all I have is a mixed group of hens of various plumage colours, most with crests and all laying green or blue eggs. The cockerel with them is a grandson of my last breeding male which appears to be of the correct plumage colours and type but doesn't have a crest.
When putting this breeding group together I followed every lead and contact I could find across Australia to obtain other stock to help start me off with no luck.
Terry Hill’s CCL site is ideal but his birds are locked down to at least May next year in a special breeding project.
Therefore I would like to appeal to “Dapto Poultry” of 7/4/2010 for a referral to that breeder just to obtain a few birds to improve my line, even just a cockerel. Hopefully you can see that secrecy and with holding breeding stock is counter productive to our hobby?
Also RJJ Fowl 30/7/2016 a flock of 400 or so with 25 other breeders ???? how can I get in touch with any of them please?
If either of you could contact me privately to help me obtain some better breeding stock I promise to still keep the identity of the breeders to myself.
I have a lifetime of experience with breeding and keeping chooks and my experience has always shown that any special breeding lines should be spread as widely as possible to conserve and develop them.
There are too many natural and human disasters in our lives which can destroy years of effort and skill in an instant.
egch6678

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:23 am 

Thank you for speaking out wildchook, and thank you for your many years of work. If any one can contribute I think they should. It is possible to private message (pm) people to provide information that is not for public posting.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:59 am 

Hi Dapto
Hope you are still there after all these years.
Have a look at my post yesterday I am still looking for Cream Legbars and you could help?
thanx
wildchook

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:02 am 

Hi RJJ

Yours is the most recent post regarding Cream Legbars.
Have a look at my Christmas message I hope you can help

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:05 am 

Hi Dapto
Hope you are still there after all these years.

Please have a look at my new post on Christmas day. I am desperate to get at least a good new cockerel to boost my rebuilding of Cream Legbars.
hope you can help

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:01 am 

TP Member: Yes
Hope you get some soon sweets gluck.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:48 pm 

TP Member: Yes
Anyone heard of Crested Legbars I have never seen 1 and I heared they are just 1/2 breeds here in oz?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:30 pm 

andrewschookz wrote:
Anyone heard of Crested Legbars I have never seen 1 and I heared they are just 1/2 breeds here in oz?

These is none in Australia just scams to fool people and take $$$$

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next