AUSTRALIAN POULTRY FORUM™

The Biggest Poultry Forum in the world
It is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:12 pm 
TWO FACED
TWO FACED

PEACOCKSAUSTRALIA wrote:
bunyanuternie wrote:
Is their any special reason you use light blue ? Or does it just compliment the birds, Ian

Hi Ian, yes it's a neutral colour and highlights the bird’s features, we use a matt finish to help avoid camera glare.

Thanks
P.A :lol: :lol:

Thanks Peacocks , The paintings done ;) the matt blue is really spot on I had to stop myself from posting some of the photos in the members gallerys the photo's came out so good , anyway Thanks for the tip .

Hey Stu , I feed mine Pullet grower when I want mine to look their best ,

Hey Rosemarie , I cant really give you any advice except PA knows best ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:53 am 

I know PA knows best.

I would if I could but don't have time. I will have to put my show pen and showing on my to do list for the future. :( :( :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:30 pm 

What do you wash the bird with? soap? shampoo? :shock:
Any particular brands? Is there special chook soap?
Does one blow dry a chook? And how do you go about it? I mean keeping the chook under control? :o
Shanna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:50 pm 
TWO FACED
TWO FACED

We wash ours in a bucket of warm water or the old babys bath , and a dash of woolwash , then rinse them off with more warm water ,
Then we use the hair dryer , once they get used to it they love it :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:52 pm 

Rubberparrot wrote:
Is there special chook soap?

Yeah, there's one called Clux Flakes. ;-)

Or you could try Cussons Imperial Feather.

Palmolive Gold-laced is popular.

Or for the 1/3 moisturising cream that only a soap named after a bird could give you, try Dove :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:47 pm 

bunyanuternie wrote:
We wash ours in a bucket of warm water or the old babys bath , and a dash of woolwash , then rinse them off with more warm water ,

I have hard time imagining them "getting used to it" :shock:
but if you say so..... :-D I'll have to enter Mr Lu Boo my white silkie cockerel and see how we do!
Shanna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:54 pm 

greenaus wrote:
Rubberparrot wrote:
Is there special chook soap?

Yeah, there's one called Clux Flakes. ;-)

Or you could try Cussons Imperial Feather.

Palmolive Gold-laced is popular.

Or for the 1/3 moisturising cream that only a soap named after a bird could give you, try Dove :lol: :lol:

ROFLMAO :lol: or
Sunflight chook liquid :)
Redhen shampoo
Peahentene or my personal fave......
Sunsilkie

Shanna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:48 am 

It is surprising how chooks and birds take to being blow dried. We occasionally have the wild bird in up in the horse waterers and I fish them out half dead and blow dry them to get them warm (they never struggle just lay there and enjoy it) and put them in a box with a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel. After and hour or two the bird is tweeting to be let out resurrected from a near death experience and I put them in the parrot tree outside the door until they are ready then they just fly off and join their family again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:12 pm 

bunyanuternie wrote:

I use an old sink and like bunya, warm water and woolwash. Make sure to dry them completely by lifting back the feather to dry the down.
Cheers Drew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:02 pm 

My OH was going to wash our little silkies tomorrow and put them in the Mt Larcom show but I am not to keen on doing that to them at this moment as they are not use to it. I hate the thought of stressing them out. Maybe next year if we get them use to it, I was told they come from pure bred show birds, but not sure as I hear the term, buff, blue, silver partridge etc etc, I know they are little cuties though.

When my photos get approved for the gallery, I have put them in the what breed etc section.

For all who do enter the online show I wish you all the best :)

Take Care
Deb

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next