AUSTRALIAN POULTRY FORUM™

The Biggest Poultry Forum in the world
It is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:22 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Possessive Turkey??
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:47 pm 

Buddy my Buff Turkey is very strange, he loves attention, cuddles etc, he loves them so much that he refuses to go to sleep at night until I go to bed, he just continuously paces outside the back door watching and waiting for a little bit affection. He gets a lot of that, he loves to be patted and cuddled and follows us around all day if we are outside.

I keep telling him "bubby go to sleep its dark" but ohhhh NO he just keeps up his ritual until all the lights go out.

He know he is much loved, but how do I get him to go to sleep, it is worse tonight because I have to start work at 1 am so won't be lights out here till I leave at midnight. I am really hoping he doesn't chase the car down the driveway.

This is another of his habits, he chases the car running beside it crying for us not to leave him.

I have never come across this before in a Turkey.

Do we love him to much?

Take Care
Deb

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Possessive Turkey??
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:08 pm 

moonshadow_dancer wrote:
Do we love him too much?
There's no such thing as too much love. ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:31 pm 

Oh Deb,

He sounds beautiful.

My turkey the storker... :lol:

I know this is funny but poor Buddy. It's not good that he is running after the car he must feel crushed when you leave.

Greenaus is right "there's no such thing as too much love".

Turkey's sure do have heaps of charature which is why we all love them so much. Life would sure be lonely without turkeys! :)

[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:03 pm 

I guess thats all true because.......
I got home from work and grabbed a wine to go outside and sit with the animals at our disfunctional farm.

First on the scene is Buddy trying to smooch and umm romance my foot :-?
The Booey the Goat comes and starts licking and nibbline my arm back and hair hmm :-?
The Dixie the daxy dog joins in to try to stop all of this....hmm :-?

Then Thomas my other gobble decides this looks fun and joins in too.

Then to top it off the Rooster I want chopped charges up and jumps on my lap to protect me :shock:

Are they to spoilt?????
I think I have created monsters of a loving kind.

I had to come inside to let them all cool down, talk about being loved, this goes way beyond the point yikes.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:06 pm 

I guess thats all true because.......
I got home from work and grabbed a wine to go outside and sit with the animals at our disfunctional farm.

First on the scene is Buddy trying to smooch and umm romance my foot :-?
Then Booey the Goat comes and starts licking and nibbling my arm back and hair hmm :-?

Then Dixie the daxy dog joins in to try to stop all of this....hmm :-?

Then Thomas my other gobble decides this looks fun and joins in too.

Then to top it off the Rooster I want chopped charges up and jumps on my lap to protect me :shock:

Are they to spoilt?????
I think I have created monsters of a loving kind.

I had to come inside to let them all cool down, talk about being loved, this goes way beyond the point yikes.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:30 am 

If you've told me once, you've told me twice... ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:34 am 

my silly connection thingy was playing up :evil: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:39 pm 

that cracked me up moonshadow :)

Lover of Pekin Bantams - I have 3 Chooks Lavander (Lavander Pekin/Belgian), Queenie (Black and Gold Pekin) and Henny (Buff Pekin/Belgian) [smilie=a_cookiemonster.gif] [smilie=a_cookiemonster.gif] [smilie=a_cookiemonster.gif] 12 Guinea Pigs, 2 House Rabbits, 1 Cockateil and a Husband.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:22 am 
TWO FACED
TWO FACED

Be grateful Buddy is the way he is as a nasty turkey is something no one wants!!!
I do recommend you lock him up tho to stop the running next to/after the car - I can only imagine how you would feel if the worst happened in that scenario

one of our biggest boys [Thomas] has a foot fetish = I have major issues walking some days as it is without this 28kg boy deciding to watch my feet [from 2.1cm away from them that is] as I take steps!!

and then there is the situation with Turkey Sandwich = he weighs 35kg [verified by vet and their scales] and has a penchant for SITTING on yr lap putting his head over yr shoulder going to sleep [dead weight] and SNORING

NOPE - wouldnt be without my turkeys :-D

Profile E-mail