AUSTRALIAN POULTRY FORUM™

The Biggest Poultry Forum in the world
It is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:06 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: NEW MUTATION - BANDED PIED GOLDEN PHEASANT by PEACOCKS AUST
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:24 pm 
­
­

The Photos below are of a NEW MUTATION of the Golden Pheasant. This NEW Mutation has been named by Peacocks Australia as "BANDED PIED GOLDEN PHEASANT" this is a stable and proven Mutation breeding true in both Phenotype & Genotype. We currently have 14 cock birds and 11 hens all of breeding age. These birds were produced from Phase2 of our Yellow Golden Pheasant Breeds Under Development (B.U.D) Program. 50% of the banded pied's will be used to continue in the development of the Yellow Golden Pheasants the remaining 50% will be breed to establish the Banded Pied as a Mutation throughout Australian aviaries. From Phase1 to Phase2 the increase in Mutation has gone from 3 feathers on the breast to the full band you see below. As this Mutation is so prolific in dominance we anticipate by Phase4-5 we will achieve a FULL Yellow Golden Pheasant.

We currently have a number of chicks from the cock bird pictured below and his brothers/sisters that are the result of selective line breeding. We believe these chicks will have an increase in both Phenotype & Genotype of the Mutation by 50 to 80%

In light of the popularity of the Yellow Golden Pheasant topic and the number of emails we have received about Yellow Golden Pheasants we have decided to release a sneak preview of our Yellow Golden Pheasant breeding program. This is just one of many Pheasant Mutations we are working on and is a one off preview as we do not release any information or photos of any breed under development (B.U.D) until we achieve Phase8 or 9 of ANY breeding program normally, so please do not ask.

We may release the Banded Pied Golden Pheasant in limited numbers by Phase4 of the program if we have achieved 40 breeding pairs as our breeding stock.

Attachment:
Yellow bud3.JPG
Yellow bud3.JPG [ 57.84 KiB | Viewed 25334 times ]

Attachment:
Yellow bud4.JPG
Yellow bud4.JPG [ 31.33 KiB | Viewed 25300 times ]

Attachment:
Yellow bud11.jpg
Yellow bud11.jpg [ 63.97 KiB | Viewed 25251 times ]

Attachment:
Yellow bud21.jpg
Yellow bud21.jpg [ 50.19 KiB | Viewed 25127 times ]

If you would like to see larger Photos please go A.P.F Photo Gallery http://paforumphotogallery.com/index.php

Thanks
P.A :-D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Yellow Golden Pheasant (Breed Under Development) BANDED PIED
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:31 pm 

Private Member: Yes
WOW he is stunning PA congratulations on your new mutation maybe you should have called it the PA Golden Pheasant. Can I place an order for 3 pairs please? It is so good to see something new in the Pheasant world and to know that Yellows are just around the corner is absolutely fantastic.

Again WOW PA I love that banded pied, I WANT PLEASE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:25 am 

Yes he is truly stunning and I would like to order a couple of pairs also please pa. I have noticed on the picture he is much darker gold on the crest as well, are the others the same pa? You must have an amazing knowledge of pheasants to recognize the potential of certain pairings to produce the banded pied, we are very lucky to have you on the forum. I am sure all pheasant breeders will be very excited by the news of the banded pied and that the yellow golden in now a reality

Congratulations pa

Just want to mention that banded pied is also in superb condition to a real credit to you also.

Keith

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:46 pm 

Now that is a beauty PA, holly sh@t, so I can now ad banded pied to my want list you can ad me to that order list too but I would like 2 trios if possible. He looks orsum PA great job mate so from what you wrote I am guessing 2012 and you will have yellows goldens? So what else do you have up your sleeve PA???????? Just gobsmacked by your banded pied PA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:55 pm 

a_bravo.gif BRAVO P.A a_bravo.gif as everyone has already described STUNNING is the right word I will put my hand up for a pair or 3. I think the name banded pied in very fitting and look forward to see them in my cages one day

BIG WELL DONE

Dysart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:27 am 

totally agree with all the comments so far, he is superb, I am tipping there will be a long waiting list for the banded pied so put me down now for a pair please. Can't wait to see the yellows but at least I won't have to wait to long. Congratulation peacocks Australia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:16 am 

Private Member: Yes
KeithofBendigo wrote:
Yes he is truly stunning and I would like to order a couple of pairs also please pa. I have noticed on the picture he is much darker gold on the crest as well, are the others the same pa? You must have an amazing knowledge of pheasants to recognize the potential of certain pairings to produce the banded pied, we are very lucky to have you on the forum. I am sure all pheasant breeders will be very excited by the news of the banded pied and that the yellow golden in now a reality

Congratulations pa

Just want to mention that banded pied is also in superb condition to a real credit to you also.

Keith

Your right Keith, I got a phone call last night from a bloke from the club asking me if I had heard the news about the new pheasant before I could tell him I had he was telling me the web address of where I could see it and surprise it was APF :lol: he said he was joining the forum today.

You’re also right about pa we are very lucky to have such a knowledgeable pheasant & peafowl breeding in this country

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:42 pm 

I bet you had a little chuckle. I emailed a few friends about the banded pieds so I think pa may be getting a heap of emails.
Keith

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:45 pm 

Absolute credit to you as a breeder and your knowledge Peacocks Australia. Like all the other comment the banded pieds are a real credit to you and all your hard work. I would also like to be included in that order list please. I too am very excited to here you will have bred Yellow Goldens by 2012 that's just around the corner.

Congratulations again Peacocks Australia

kind Regards
The Watson family

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:11 am 

I have heard a rumor that australasian poultry is going to do a feature on the banded pied. Very cool if its true and good for pheasant breeders as they rarely have any mention of pheasants in the mag.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next